Thierry Pilenko, Chairman and Chief Executing Officer, Technip.
PARIS, FRANCE: Braskem Idesa S A P I awarded to a joint venture formed by Odebrecht (40 per cent), Technip (40 per cent) and ICA Fluor (20 per cent) a contract worth more than $ 2.7 billion (around €2.1 billion) for the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) of a petrochemical complex to be built in the Coatzacoalcos/Nanchital region, in the Mexican state of Veracruz.
The JV project team will execute the contract in several operating centres mainly located in Nanchital and Mexico City (Mexico), Rome (Italy), Lyon (France) and Rotterdam (The Netherlands). The project is scheduled for completion, with the plant ready for start up, in June 2015.
This award follows the successful execution of the front-end engineering design of the ethylene, HDPE and utilities contracts awarded to Technip in the first quarter of 2011 and the front end engineering of the offsites facilities executed by Odebrecht and ICA Fluor during 2011.
“The Ethylene XXI cracker will be the most modern and efficient in operation in the Americas and will use Technip’s state-of-the-art technology. We are leveraging our relationship with Odebrecht in Brazil and our technology portfolio, which has been recently expanded with the acquisition of Stone & Webster process technologies and associated oil and gas engineering capabilities, to accompany Braskem in its international development,” said Thierry Pilenko, Chairman and Chief Executing Officer, Technip.
The petrochemical complex will include the following facilities:
• An ethane-based ethylene cracker, producing 1 million tonne per year, using Technip’s proprietary technology
• Two high density polyethylene plants using Ineos Innovene technology
• A low density polyethylene plant using Basel Lupotech technology
• Storage, waste treatment and utility facilities, including a 150 MW combined cycle power and steam co-generation plant
• A multimodal logistics platform for shipment of 1 million tonne per year of polyethylene via bulk train, bulk truck or bagged
• Administrative, maintenance, control room and ancillary buildings
© WOC News