A Schulman Inc signed strategic partnership agreement with INITZ
X
Waste Management Expo 2020 MAR 12&13 BIEC, Bengaluru, India

A Schulman, INITZ to commercialise polyphenylene sulfide compounds

11:25 AM, 16th October 2014
A Schulman Inc signed strategic partnership agreement with INITZ

AKRON, US: A Schulman Inc, a leading international supplier of high-performance plastic compounds, powders and resins, has signed an agreement and a strategic partnership with the South Korean polymer producer INITZ for the compounding and marketing of INITZ Co, Ltd’s ECOTRAN Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) compounds. A Schulman will be producing, selling and distributing the ECOTRAN compounds in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and the Americas. INITZ Co Ltd is a joint venture of SK Chemicals Co Ltd Korea (66 per cent of the shares) and Teijin Limited, Japan, (remaining 34 per cent of the shares).

“The combination of INITZ’s know-how and A Schulman’s state-of-the-art global manufacturing capabilities and application development will support our customers in markets such as automotive, electronics, industrial, filtration and coatings to meet and exceed their halogen-free industry standards. Unlike other conventional PPS, ECOTRAN will enable them to differentiate their product offering and further strengthen their market position,” said Bernard Rzepka, COO and Executive Vice President, A Schulman.

Related News - A Schulman acquires Perrite for $52 million

© Worldofchemicals News

0 Comments

Login

Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News


World Food Day 2014, focus on family farming

WASHINGTON DC, US: The 2014 World Food Day theme - Family Farming: “Feeding the world, caring for the earth” - has been chosen to raise th ...

Read more
Proteins from nerve cells could provide flexible, sensitive coating

CALIFORNIA, US: UC Berkeley scientists have taken proteins from nerve cells and used them to create a “smart” material that is extremely s ...

Read more
Ecolab opens new manufacturing plant in Singapore

SINGAPORE: Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, has opened a new manufacturing plant on Jurong Island, Singapore. The new 106,000-square-meter site will ...

Read more
CB&I awarded gasification unit contract in China

THE WOODLANDS, US: CB&I has been awarded a contract by Shandong Sincier Petrochemical Co Ltd for the license and engineering design of a gasificat ...

Read more
Foster Wheeler bags Pemex’s ultra-low sulfur diesel contract in Mexico

ZUG, SWITZERLAND: A subsidiary of Foster Wheeler AG’s Global Engineering and Construction Group has been awarded a contract by PEMEX REFINACION ...

Read more
FMC acquires Cheminova

PHILADELPHIA, US: FMC Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Cheminova A/S, a wholly owned subsidiary of Auriga Industries A/S. Chem ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X