BP, Dongming Petrochemical partner expand retail business in China
Waste Management Expo 2020 MAR 12&13 BIEC, Bengaluru, India

BP, Dongming Petrochemical partner to expand retail business in China

4:27 AM, 5th February 2018
BP service station. (File photo)
BP service station. (File photo)

LONDON, UK: BP plc and Shandong Dongming Petrochemical Group (Dongming Petrochemical) have signed a joint venture agreement to develop a leading branded retail fuels and convenience business covering the Chinese provinces of Shandong, Henan and Hebei.

The partnership with Dongming Petrochemical will start operations in 2018 and the network is expected to grow to 500 sites in 10 years. BP has a 49 percent equity share of the joint venture and Dongming Petrochemical the remaining 51 percent.

BP already has over 740 retail sites in China through existing joint ventures. With this agreement is part of a focused growth strategy that will see BP continue to expand its retail presence in China through both new and existing partnerships, bringing its leading offer to customers across the country.

BP currently operates more than 740 dual-branded retail stations in Guangdong and Zhejiang provinces with partners China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) and China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) respectively. Across this network, BP serves 400,000 customers and sells over 12 million litres of gasoline and diesel every day.

“New market growth is one of the key strategic priorities for BP’s fuels marketing business. Our retail business offers customers a differentiated experience through our brand, high-quality products and services,” said Tufan Erginbilgic, BP’s chief executive for downstream.

“This joint venture plans to create a modern retail fuelling network, delivering high-quality customer experiences and contributing to a safer, cleaner and more efficient industry in China. Building our retail presence in China supports our goal to grow our earnings in the Downstream,” added Erginbilgic.

“China offers exciting opportunities for growth for the BP group. Dongming Petrochemical is a strong local partner and we are pleased to be working with them to expand our footprint into Shangdong, Henan and Hebei, which are among the fastest-growing Chinese provinces,” said Dev Sanyal, BP’s executive vice president regions, including Asia.

“I believe our strategic partnership will further promote the in-depth reform of the retail sector in China. I also look forward to a sound development of mutual benefit and complementary advantages,” added Xiangping Li, chairman of Dongming Petrochemical.

© Worldofchemicals News



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

BPA common in blood samples, 7 years after being declared toxic

OTTAWA, CANADA: Seven years after Canada declared bisphenol A (BPA), to be toxic to human health, a national survey of chemicals in Canadians’ b ...

Read more
BASF introduces new FCC catalyst for superior bottoms upgrading

LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY: BASF SE has commercially launched Boroflex, the latest evolution of its residuum (resid) oil fluid catalytic cracking (FCC) cat ...

Read more
Chevron names new corporate VP for strategic planning

SAN RAMON, US: Chevron Corporation (CVX) has named Bruce Niemeyer as corporate vice president of strategic planning, effective immediately. Niemeyer i ...

Read more
Stepan executes $350 mn five-year revolving credit facility deal

NORTHFIELD, US: Stepan Company (SCL) said that it has entered into a five-year committed $350 million multi-currency revolving credit facili ...

Read more
BASF completes sale of Austria production site to Synthomer

LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY: BASF SE has completed the sale of its production site for styrene butadiene dispersions for paper coating in Pis ...

Read more
Chevron appoints Caterpillar CEO to its board

SAN RAMON, US: Chevron Corporation (CVX) said that Jim Umpleby has been appointed to Chevron’s board of directors, effective 1 March 2018. Umpl ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X