Brenntag acquires 65 pc stake in Indian chemical distributor

Brenntag acquires 65 pc stake in Indian chemical distributor

5:58 AM, 19th December 2017
Brenntag logo

MULHEIM, GERMANY: Brenntag AG has signed an agreement to enter into a 65:35 joint venture with Raj Petro Specialities Pvt Ltd, India.

The company, headquartered in Mumbai and Chennai, distributes its own-blended brands of petroleum-related products to diverse customer industries in India and other countries in Asia Pacific as well as in Africa and the Middle East.

Brenntag will gain a majority stake of 65 percent with a first tranche to be closed in April 2018 and the remaining 35 percent via the second tranche after a period of 5 years, in which the business will be operated as a joint venture, with possible extension of additional 1-2 years.

Raj’s portfolio contains own-blended petroleum-related products, servicing a variety of different product groups, namely transformer oils, white oils and paraffins, petroleum jelly, process oils, waxes and solvents as well as industrial and automotive lubes.

“For Brenntag, the acquisition of Raj is a further step into the Indian chemical distribution market which is the 7th largest globally for chemicals and 3rd largest for lubricants. Raj’s existing product portfolio and market presence, capability of its infrastructure and strategic locations make it a compelling investment target to expand our footprint not only in India but also in other Asian Pacific countries, in Africa and the Middle East,” said Steven Holland, CEO, Brenntag Group.

“Raj has the widest product portfolio among its national competitors and a strong market presence with its own blended brands. Its facilities are strategically placed at the West and Southeast of India, in proximity to major ports, offering blending and repackaging capabilities, as well as a strong application development team. The cooperation offers Brenntag diverse potential for synergies and future growth,” added Henri Nejade, member of the management board of Brenntag Group and CEO Brenntag Asia Pacific.

© Worldofchemicals News

0 Comments

Login

Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News


Praxair to increase prices for industrial gases

DANBURY, US: Praxair Inc (PX) is informing customers in US, Mexico and Canada of price increases effective 1 January 2018. Individual price adjustment ...

Read more
Nuon to supply energy to AkzoNobel production sites

AMSTERDAM, NETHERLANDS: AkzoNobel NV and NV Nuon Energy have signed an innovative energy supply agreement, where Nuon is to supply flexible energy to ...

Read more
BASF, TODA to combine cathode manufacturing activities in US

LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY/ TOKYO, JAPAN: BASF SE and Toda Kogyo Corp (TODA) announced two significant steps to further enhance their collaboration. A stre ...

Read more
Enterprise to adopt new crude oil quality specifications at Cushing terminal

HOUSTON, US: Enterprise Products Partners LP (EPD) said that it will adopt five new quality specifications for sweet crude oil, also referred to as We ...

Read more
Clariant presents colours for 2019 in the newest edition of ColourForward

MUTTENZ, SWITZERLAND: Clariant said that it has released ColourForward 2019, the 13th edition of the annual colour forecasting guide for the plastics ...

Read more
Albemarle to sell polyolefin catalysts biz to Grace for $416 mn

CHARLOTTE, US: Albemarle Corporation (ALB) has signed a definitive agreement to sell its polyolefin catalysts and components business to W R Grace &am ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X