Clariant bags Peregrino chemicals contract by Statoil

Clariant bags Peregrino chemicals contract by Statoil

7:44 AM, 17th December 2015
Clariant bags Peregrino chemicals contract by Statoil

HOUSTON, US: Clariant International Ltd said that it has been awarded the chemical supply contract from Statoil ASA, on behalf of the Peregrino license partners. The contract covers all chemicals used in the production process to treat oil, water and gas from the field, located offshore Brazil.

The four year contract starts on 1 January and can be extended up to 10 years.

“This new contract is part of the Statoil strategy to increase production efficiency and lower operational costs, focusing on sustainable cost reductions in the long term. At the same time, it provides innovative, high-quality and safety driven services,” said Luiz Novaes, head of supply chain management at Statoil.

The contract’s scope includes provision of chemicals, together with associated services of laboratory analysis and technical support. The use of chemical products is a critical step in the oil production process for meeting production targets, adhering to commercial crude oil specifications and yielding cleaner produced water for discharge or reinjection.

The Peregrino field is Statoil’s first and largest operatorship outside the Norwegian Continental shelf. It started production on April 2011 and produces today around 90,000 bpd. The field is located offshore Brazil in the Campos basin at about 100 metres water depth in licenses BMC-7 and BMC-47.Statoil holds 60 percent ownership and the operatorship of the field and Sinochem Corporation the remaining 40 percent.

© Worldofchemicals News



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

Songwon appoints Depotchem as exclusive distributor for Israel

ULSAN, SOUTH KOREA: Songwon Industrial Co Ltd said that it has elected Depotchem Amgal Ltd, a leader in the distribution of chemicals and raw material ...

Read more
Tessenderlo, Picanol to merge activities as one Belgian industrial group

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Tessenderlo Group said that it plans to merge with Picanol Group, by combining the industrial activities of both companies into one ...

Read more
PPG starts to use TiO2 produced commercially by Chinese firm Henan

PITTSBURGH, US: PPG Industries said that it has started using chloride-grade titanium dioxide (TiO2) produced in commercial quantities by Henan Billio ...

Read more
AMRI acquires Whitehouse Laboratories

ALBANY, US: Albany Molecular Research Inc (AMRI) said that it has acquired all the outstanding equity interests of Whitehouse Laboratories, a provider ...

Read more
Alok opens R&D centre for masterbatches in New Delhi, India

NEW DELHI, INDIA: Alok (formerly, Alok Masterbatches Ltd), said that it has inaugurated a technology centre, Alok Technology incubation centre (ATIC), ...

Read more
Honeywell acquires research chemicals business from Sigma-Aldrich

MORRIS PLAINS, US: Honeywell International Inc said that it has acquired Germany-based laboratory research chemicals business from Sigma-Aldrich Corp, ...

Read more uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X