ExxonMobil, QatarEnergy expand North Field East LNG production

ExxonMobil, QatarEnergy to expand North Field East LNG production

8:45 AM, 23rd June 2022
ExxonMobil, QatarEnergy to expand North Field East LNG production
ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy signed an agreement to further develop Qatar's North Field East project, which will expand Qatar's annual LNG capacity from 77 million tons to 110 million tons by 2026.

IRVING, US: ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy announced they agreed to further develop Qatar’s North Field East project, which will expand Qatar’s annual LNG capacity from 77 million tons to 110 million tons by 2026. The deal was announced at QatarEnergy’s headquarters in Doha. Terms of the agreement are confidential.

“We are collaborating with QatarEnergy on North Field East to accelerate the production of secure, affordable and cleaner energy our world needs,” said Darren Woods, chairman and chief executive officer for ExxonMobil. “ExxonMobil has a long history of working in Qatar, responsibly producing energy, and we look forward to continuing our relationship for the benefit of all of our stakeholders.”

“Today, we are signing a partnership agreement with ExxonMobil, our strategic and long-term partner, with whom we have enjoyed successful and fruitful relations in Qatar and across the globe. This is primarily due to the mutual trust and confidence between both parties, and to the State of Qatar’s safe and stable investment climate,” said Saad Sherida Al-Kaabi, president and chief executive officer of QatarEnergy. “We look forward to working closely with ExxonMobil to implement this world-scale project, and to live up to our commitment to power lives with cleaner energy in every corner of the world for a better tomorrow for all.”

With North Field East, ExxonMobil’s participation in Qatar LNG volumes is expected to increase total capacity from 52 to 60 million tons per year. QatarEnergy and ExxonMobil will become partners in a new joint venture company (JV), in which QatarEnergy will hold a 75 percent interest with ExxonMobil holding the remaining 25 percent interest. The JV will own 25 percent of the entire North Field East project, including four LNG trains with a combined nameplate capacity of 32 million tons per year.

The expansion of North Field East and increased LNG export capacity is one of Qatar’s key energy objectives. QatarEnergy is the operator and commenced the North Field East project in 2019. First LNG from North Field East is expected in 2026.


© Worldofchemicals News

0 Comments

Login

Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News


IMCD China to acquire speciality distribution company Welex

ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS: IMCD NV announced that it will acquire 100 percent shares of the speciality distribution company, Welex SA Holdings (China ...

Read more
Komaki to set up 45000 electric vehicle charging points in India by 2023

NEW DELHI, INDIA: The electric vehicle division of KLB Komaki, known for producing powerful and sporty EV two-wheelers, is now ready to charge up Indi ...

Read more
Waters, BioInfra to set up ASEAN Academy for bioanalysis in South Korea

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA: Waters Corporation announced a collaboration with BioInfra, a pioneering contract research organization (CRO) company for the phar ...

Read more
HRS showcases restart of the chemical industry in India

MUMBAI, INDIA: HRS India recently showcased its flagship ECOFLUX* corrugated tube heat exchangers (CTHE), one of the most trusted heat exchangers for ...

Read more
Toyota, Redwood Materials to partner for EV battery materials supply

Redwood Materials announced a partnership with Toyota Motor North America to create a battery ecosystem across their lineup of electrified vehicles th ...

Read more
Covestro, SK, Neste to partner for renewable MDI in APAC region

LEVERKUSEN, GERMANY: Covestro, South Korean petrochemical company SK geo centric and Neste are cooperating to enable the production of a major polyure ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X