Frutarom increases stake in Etol 98 per cent

Frutarom increases stake in Etol to 98 per cent

11:59 PM, 19th March 2012
Frutarom increases stake in Etol to 98 per cent
Ori Yehudai, President and CEO, Frutarom.

HAIFA, ISRAEL: Frutarom Industries acquired 34.2 per cent of Etol’s equity through a takeover bid, in return for €141 per share. In January and February, Frutarom acquired 63.4 per cent of the company’s share capital through transactions made on and outside the Slovenian stock market, in return for an overall amount of approximately €22.3 million. Following the current acquisition, Frutarom will hold 97.6 per cent of Etol’s shares. The total amount paid for the acquisition of 97.6 per cent of the shares was €34.6 million. Over the next few weeks Frutarom will act to delist Etol from the Slovenian Stock Exchange and to acquire the balance of shares in Etol from the remaining shareholders.

“Frutarom considers this an important and strategic acquisition, which significantly expands Frutarom’s operations in Central- and Eastern Europe and strengthens its presence and market share in these fast growing markets. We have made eight successful strategic acquisitions since the beginning of 2011, and the scope of the revenues of these acquisitions is $145 million. Over the next few months we will continue to utilize the many efficiencies arising from the integration of these acquisitions and we are convinced they will enable us to reach the next significant step in Frutarom’s profitable growth,” said Ori Yehudai, President and CEO, Frutarom.

© WOC News



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

Nufarm, Sumitomo expand strategic alliance

VICTORIA, AUSTRALIA/ TOKYO, JAPAN: Nufarm Limited and Sumitomo Chemicals have new distribution arrangements for Canada and three European countries- ...

Read more
Styron proposes change for polystyrene price settlement in Europe

  HORGEN, SWITZERLAND: Styron Europe GmbH has called for an improved process to help customers and the industry in Europe by settling monthly co ...

Read more
INEOS licenses Innovene polypropylene technology to Chinese firm

ILLINOIS, US: INEOS Technologies has licensed the Innovene polypropylene process to China Shenhua, Beijing Engineering Company, for the manufacture of ...

Read more
Rivertop scales patented technology from lab to pilot manufacturing

MISSOULA, US: Rivertop Renewables has successfully scaled its patented process technology from the lab to pilot manufacturing. Rivertop has contracted ...

Read more
Demand for banana fibre saris on the rise

ANAKAPUTHUR, INDIA: With a growing focus on environmental concerns, a number of companies across India are experimenting with ‘green’ fibr ...

Read more
BASF to sell printing inks business to Quantum Kapital in Netherlands

ST GALLEN, SWITZERLAND/LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY: Quantum Kapital AG, plans to acquire BASF’s offset printing inks business (IMEX) in Maastricht, Ne ...

Read more uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X