HPCL starts petrochemical, refinery complex barmer district rajasthan, India

HPCL gets approval for refinery, petrochemical complex in Rajasthan, India

9:53 AM, 23rd September 2013
HPCl Business News

NEW DELHI, INDIA: The Indian Union Cabinet has approved setting up of Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd’s (HPCL) Rs 37,229 crore ($5.98 billion) refinery-cum-petrochemical complex in Barmer district, Rajasthan, India. HPCL will hold 74 per cent stake in the project, while the remaining 26 per cent will be with the government of Rajasthan.

The state government has agreed to provide an interest-free loan of Rs 3,736 crore ($0.6 billion) every year for 15 years from the date of commencement of production. This loan is to be repaid by the joint venture in equal annual installments for the next 15 years.

HPCL will have the marketing rights, including first right of refusal in respect of uplifting and purchase of all products (including petrochemicals), which would be produced by the refinery. The refinery, which is planned to go on-stream in four years, will source half its crude oil from Cairn’s Barmer oilfields, while the remainder will be imported. Besides petrol, diesel and LPG, the project will also produce 2.3 metric tonne of petrochemical products such as polypropylene, polyethylene and aromatics which are used for making plastic.


© PTI News



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

Foster Wheeler bags hydroprocessing project contract in Russia

ZUG, SWITZERLAND: Foster Wheeler’s Global Engineering and Construction Group subsidiary has signed a technical services agreement with OJSC Khab ...

Read more
Huntsman opens Asia Pacific technology centre in Shanghai, China

SHANGHAI, CHINA: Huntsman Corporation opened its new Asia Pacific Technology Center (ATC) in Shanghai’s Minhang Economic & Technological Dev ...

Read more
Kemira acquires Canadian specialty chemicals supplier, Soto Industries

HELSINKI, FINLAND: Kemira has signed an agreement to acquire Soto Industries Inc, a privately owned company, headquartered in Vancouver, Canada. Soto ...

Read more
Research towards fighting antibiotic-resistant bacteria

ONTARIO, CANADA: Researchers at McMaster University are using a new approach to fighting antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The technique involves researc ...

Read more
BASF acquires biotechnology company, Verenium

LUDWIGSHAFEN, GERMANY: BASF Corporation, US affiliate of BASF, has entered into an agreement to commence a cash tender offer for all of the outstandin ...

Read more
Paralysis of silkworm promises better silk technology

OXFORD, UK: Oxford University researchers have harnessed the natural defence mechanism of silkworms, which causes paralysis, in what is a major step t ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X