Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited acquires 51 pc stake in SASA Polyester Sanayi

Indorama to acquire 51 pc stake in SASA Polyester Sanayi

11:34 AM, 11th April 2014
Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited business news

BANGKOK, THAILAND: Indorama Netherlands BV, subsidiary of Indorama Ventures Public Company Limited (IVL), has signed a sales and purchase agreement for the acquisition of 51 per cent of leading polyester and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) producer SASA Polyester Sanayi AS in Turkey from Haci Omer Sabanci Holding AS. Indorama Ventures will be conducting a mandatory tender offer for the remaining 49 per cent of SASA’s shares as per requirement of the Turkish Capital Markets Legislation. The completion of the deal is subject to usual conditions precedent and regulatory approvals and is expected to be completed within second quarter of 2014.

© Worldofchemicals News 



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

Wilmar to buy Huntsman’s European commodity surfactants business

THE WOODLANDS, US: Wilmar Europe Holdings BV, wholly-owned subsidiary of Wilmar International Limited, will purchase Huntsman’s European commodi ...

Read more
With the Indian election round the corners, lets have a look at the chemicals in voting ink

DELHI, INDIA: World’s largest democracy, India, is conducting its elections. All the citizens are equal and are allowed to vote. To avoid electo ...

Read more
Clariant completes acquisition of Indian masterbatch producer, Plastichemix

AHMEDABAD, INDIA: Swiss-based Clariant has acquired masterbatch producer Plastichemix Industries based in Vadodara, Gujarat, India for Rs 135 crore ($ ...

Read more
Praxair starts air separation plant in Pisco, Peru

DANBURY, US: Praxair Inc announced the start-up of a new 270 tonne per day air separation plant in Pisco, located in the central region of Peru. Praxa ...

Read more
Solvay to sell PVC business to OpenGate

BRUSSELS, BELGIUM: Solvay has signed an agreement to sell its polyvinyl chloride (PVC) compound business Benvic Europe to US investment company OpenGa ...

Read more
Saipem bags Versalis’ plant expansion contract in Italy

SAN DONATO MILANESE, ITALY: Saipem has been awarded an onshore engineering, procurement and construction contract for the expansion of the Versalis pl ...

Read more uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X