Michelin & Cie, Chandra Asri JV synthetic rubber production
Waste Management Expo 2020 MAR 12&13 BIEC, Bengaluru, India

Michelin & Cie, Chandra Asri JV for synthetic rubber production

9:34 AM, 19th June 2013
Michelin & Cie, Chandra Asri JV for synthetic rubber production

PARIS, FRANCE/JAKARTA, INDONESIA: Michelin & Cie (ML) and PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical Tbk plan for a joint venture to make synthetic rubber. According to a joint statement by both the companies, the total investment is estimated at $435 million. Plant construction, which is located in Jakarta, Indonesia, is expected to commence in early 2015 with completion and start-up targeted for the beginning of 2017. Michelin will own 55 per cent of the venture and PT Chandra Asri Petrochemical will own the remaining 45 per cent.

Michelin & Cie plans to increase tire production in Asian markets as demand for cars and light trucks keeps growing in several large countries in the region, including China, the world’s largest car market.

© Bloomberg News

Watch interesting chemical industry videos, videos on organic, covalent bond videos, iconic bond videos, chemical bond videos, chemistry lecture videos at - https://www.worldofchemicals.com/media/videos/index.html



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

Air Liquide, LyondellBasell expand existing joint venture

PARIS, FRANCE: Air Liquide has signed a new long term contract with LyondellBasell in the US to provide steam, power, air gases and water to three Lyo ...

Read more
Gevo resumes isobutanol production at Luverne, US

ENGLEWOOD, US: Gevo Inc has resumed commercial production of isobutanol at its Luverne, Minnesota, US plant in single train mode, successfully utilizi ...

Read more
BP gets Chinese government approval for construction of PTA plant

ZHUHAI, CHINA/ LONDON, UK: BP and Zhuhai Port Co, received final approvals from the Chinese Government for the construction of a third purified tereph ...

Read more
Hangover chemistry

SINGAPORE: In this present globalization and very tight business schedules people doing hard working to reach their goals by the same time they are ge ...

Read more
Ashland, UPM collaborate for biofibrils technology

COVINGTON, US/HELSINKI, FINLAND: Ashland Inc and UPM have entered into a cooperative agreement to develop and commercialize products containing UPM&rs ...

Read more
Linde to manage gas supply infrastructure of Sibur

MUNICH, GERMANY: The Linde Group will be managing the gas supply infrastructure of Sibur at its Dzerzhinsk site in the Nizhny Novgorod region of Russi ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X