Sipchem shut methanol plant 6 weeks maintenance

Sipchem to shut methanol plant for 6 weeks maintenance

10:24 AM, 30th October 2015
Sipchem to shut methanol plant for 6 weeks maintenance

JUBAIL, SAUDI ARABIA: Saudi International Petrochemicals Company (Sipchem) said it intends to shutdown the International Methanol Company (IMC) plant for scheduled preventive maintenance in accordance with necessary standards in addition to performing significant turnaround and development in some essential parts of the plant.

These scheduled maintenance and turnaround activities shall raise the level of the plant's efficiency and reliability, it said.

The shutdown is expected to last for six weeks starting on 1 November. The financial impact of the shutdown will be announced along with the conclusion of the activity when it is completed, which will also be reflected in the fourth quarter financial results.

Sipchem owns 65 percent of IMC’s capital, whereas a group of Japanese companies owns the remaining 35 percent.

© Worldofchemicals News



Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News

Vinnolit names new managing director effective 1 Nov

HOUSTON, US: Vinnolit GmbH & Co KG, a Westlake Chemical company, said that Dr Karl-Martin Schellerer will take over as managing director, effectiv ...

Read more
Samsung sells chemical businesses to Lotte for $2.6 billion

SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA: Samsung Group sells its chemical business units to Lotte Group for about $2.6 billion, as part of its plans to consolidate busines ...

Read more
Praxair elects AGCO chief executive to its board of directors

DANBURY, US: Praxair Inc said that Martin Richenhagen, chairman, president and CEO of AGCO Corp has been elected to the Praxair board of directors. ...

Read more
Chemists explain exactly how death feels

LONDON, UK: A quick jolt of fear, pain and then a mysterious process that sees the brain have an extra jolt of life just before it dies forever Slash ...

Read more
Chevron makes top executive announcements

SAN RAMON, US: Chevron Corporation said that its top executives; Michael Wirth will become executive vice president for midstream and development and ...

Read more
Cytec acquires stake in UK firm, improves composite materials biz

WOODLAND PARK, US: Cytec Industries Inc said that it has acquired an equity position in Penso Holdings Ltd, a leading engineering services, vehicle co ...

Read more uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X