Statoil Discovers Crude Oil OffShore Of Newfoundland Canada
X
Waste Management Expo 2020 MAR 12&13 BIEC, Bengaluru, India

Statoil makes crude oil discovery offshore Canada

7:07 AM, 28th August 2013
StatoilDiscovers Crude Oil
Tim Dodson, Executive Vice President, Exploration, Statoil.

STAVANGER, NORWAY: Statoil has made a third discovery of crude oil in the Flemish Pass Basin, offshore Newfoundland. The discovery was made on the Bay du Nord prospect, located approximately 500 kilometre northeast of St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. Statoil is the operator of Bay du Nord and Harpoon with a 65 per cent interest while Husky Energy has the rest 35 per cent interest.

“The success of Bay du Nord is the result of an ambitious and targeted drilling campaign in the Flemish Pass Basin. This discovery is very encouraging. The Flemish Pass Basin is a strategic part of Statoil’s global exploration portfolio. We are now planning to return to the area for further appraisal drilling in the future,” said Tim Dodson, Executive Vice President, Exploration, Statoil.

 

© Worldofchemicals News 

0 Comments

Login

Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News


AkzoNobel appoints new head of integrated supply chain, David Allen

AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS: AkzoNobel appointed David Allen as the company’s new head of integrated supply chain, effective from 1 October 2013. ...

Read more
Technip awarded FEED contract for LNG terminal in Louisiana, US

PARIS, FRANCE: Technip was awarded by Trunkline LNG Export, LLC the front-end engineering and design (FEED) contract for the potential expansion of th ...

Read more
PhosAgro completes the acquisition of OJSC Apatit

MOSCOW, RUSSIA: PhosAgro, a leading global vertically integrated phosphate-based fertilizer producer, has consolidated 100 per cent of OJSC Apatit sha ...

Read more
Jacobs bags CMPC’s chlorine dioxide plant contract in Brazil

PASADENA, US: Jacobs Engineering Group Inc was awarded a contract by CMPC Group’s Celulose Riograndense Ltda for the design and supply of an int ...

Read more
Proteins in insect wings finds use in medicine

WASHINGTON DC, US: The remarkable, rubber-like protein that enables dragonflies, grasshoppers and other insects to flap their wings, jump and chirp ha ...

Read more
Genomatica appoints Just Jansz to board of directors

SAN DIEGO, US: Genomatica announced the addition of Just Jansz to its Board of Directors. Jansz will provide uniquely well-grounded insights as Genoma ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X