Total explore Senegal’s deepwater potential

Total to explore Senegal’s deepwater potential

8:57 AM, 3rd May 2017
Total logo

PARIS, FRANCE: Total SA and the Republic of Senegal, Africa have signed two agreements enabling Total to contribute to the exploration activities in Senegal’s deep and ultra-deep offshore.

The first agreement involves an exploration and production sharing contract for the Rufisque Offshore Profond block, which covers an area of 10,357 square kilometres. Total will be the operator with a 90 percent interest alongside Societe Nationale des Petroles du Senegal (Petrosen), holding the remaining 10 percent. 

The second is a cooperation agreement signed between Petrosen, Senegal’s Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energy Development under which Total will perform studies to assess the exploration potential of Senegal’s ultra-deep offshore and become operator of an exploration block.

“An established player in refining and marketing in Senegal, Total is delighted to expand its presence in the country in the exploration & production segment. These agreements are part of the company’s strategy to carry out exploration activities in new deepwater basins in Africa and leverage our world-renowned expertise. Total is pleased to be bringing our know-how to the promising exploration zones in Senegal,” said Patrick Pouyanne, chairman and CEO of Total.

© Worldofchemicals News 

0 Comments

Login

Your Comments (Up to 2000 characters)
Please respect our community and the integrity of its participants. WOC reserves the right to moderate and approve your comment.

Related News


Thin layers of water hold promise for future energy storage

RALEIGH, US: Researchers at North Carolina State University have found that a material which incorporates atomically thin layers of water is able to s ...

Read more
IIT scientists use Jamun to create low-cost solar cells

NEW DELHI, INDIA: Scientists at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee have used the juicy, delectable Indian summer fruit Jamun to create inexp ...

Read more
Total starts production at Badamyar gas field

PARIS, FRANCE: Total SA has started up production from the Badamyar project, south of Yangon, Republic of the Union of Myanmar. The project will enabl ...

Read more
New process to make sustainable rubber, plastics

NEWARK, US: A team of scientists from the University of Delaware, the University of Minnesota and the University of Massachusetts – has invented ...

Read more
Researchers develop glow sticks that detects cancer

TEL AVIV, ISRAEL: Chemiluminescence, or chemical light, is the principle behind the glow sticks (also known as light sticks) used at rock concerts and ...

Read more
Calumet launches new synthetic base oil

INDIANAPOLIS, US: Calumet Specialty Products Partners LP (CLMT) has launched its first American Petroleum Institute (API) group III synthetic base oil ...

Read more
www.worldofchemicals.com uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. X